Monday, June 23, 2014

BUBBLEGUM


My friends and I used to play a game when we were younger, called - 'Who can blow the biggest bubble'?!  It was like a dare.  A D-double-dog dare.  And you NEVER tun down a D-double dog dare.

So, we'd go at it:  Only one person could win, and he usually cheated by chewing 2 pieces of gum, rather than the requisite one.  Anyway, it would start off like fun - taking turns, and laughing when someone couldn't do it at all.  But, there was always that 'expert', who would be able to blow it the largest, and make it last the longest.  Then, there was the denouement - it popped. And it would cause the biggest mess:  All in his hair, nose, chin, ears, hands and clothes.  Then, he would furiously try to pick it off, which only made it worse.  Then - panic set in:  "What am I gonna tell my mom?!"

That's what my lawsuit against Rockville City, the Mayor and City Council is like now:  Fun and games, according to them, at least.  I had a pending civil suit against them in District Court, but they filed a Motion to Dismiss, and we had a hearing on it this morning.  They won, of course - because the judges and lawyers always stick together.  A thick band of merry thieves, those...

It was a cute little stunt, on behalf of their henchman:  One Mr. Payman Tehrani, Esq., Assistant City Attorney. I'm suing for a grossly inadequate amount, considering the damages I've incurred. But, see - while they're playing games with our lives, and abdicating responsibility for their culpability, it's fun.  I'm sure they had a nice laugh at my expense around the water cooler today.

But, what they don't know is that I'm like a dog with a bone:  I may have lost the battle, but I'm going to win the war.  I'm not going to stop until the City has to file bankruptcy to pay my damages;  Because I'm an old-fashioned fossil, who believes that housing is a human right, contracts weren't made to be broken, you don't ruin someones life just for kicks and giggles.

Yes, it may very well be a game to them right now, but the bubblegum is going to blow-up in their face.  When they're sued for quadruple the current amount, their name is synonymous with 'slumlord', they continue their pattern of discrimination and harassment - we'll go to war (metaphorically speaking, of course).  

There's a saying:  'There's nothing worse then backing a rabid dog into a corner', because he has nothing left to lose.  He'll panic, then attack.  And, you don't want to be in the room when that happens.  

I'm that dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment