Sunday, June 15, 2014

HELP


"We're here to help you...."

Mannnnnnnnn... If I only had a nickel for every time I've heard that phrase this last year.  I'd be a very rich woman.

If "help" means patronizing me, ignoring me, disregarding me, harassing me, evicting me, threatening me, placating me, violating my civil rights, spying on me, stealing from me, breaking my household items, assaulting me... Ok, then yes - I've been "helped" a lot.  So much, I wish it would stop. So much, it's negatively affected my health.  So much, that my son's G.P.A. dropped from 3.0 to 2.0.  He used to be an Honor student, and active participant in his community, now I can barely get him out of bed. Oh, yeah - we've been "helped", alright.  Local politicians are so afraid to really help their homeless population, for fear of pissing off the white elite. NIMBY is alive and well, and (no pun intended) living in our backyard.  Lol... The common mis-perception is that there's always a ready charity, organization, group, department or agency there to pick up the pieces of our broken lives.  But, that ain't so.  Oh, sure - they take federal homeless assistance money, but they keep it for themselves.  See, it goes to that fuzzy thing called 'overhead'.  Staffing, outreach, electric, gas, fancy office space, paintings, cars, gas reimbursement, computers, paper, paperwork, studies, meetings, coffee, lunches, etc... etc... etc... You get the picture.  Oh - they're "helping", alright: Themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment