Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CEASELESS HARASSMENT

ha·rass·ment:

[huh-ras-muhnt, har-uhs-muhnt] Show IPA
noun:  The act or an instance of harassing, or disturbing, pestering, or troubling repeatedly; persecution.
I know the meaning of this word intimately, unfortunately :-(
And, I know it because I've been with this particular landlord (RHE/HUD) for ten years.  I've watched staff turnover more times then I care to count.  I've seen the professional ones, the lazy ones, the dumb ones, the ones who were only there to get a paycheck.  I've witnessed the sneaky ones, the racist ones, the cool ones, the quiet ones, the nosy ones.....
I've known staff who were cooperative, and staff who couldn't be less cooperative.  That's the kind we have right now. The ones who play dumb when you ask them questions, and who go out of their way to make your life HARD.
But, back to my favorite subject: ME.  I've come to the sad conclusion that I had a mini nervous breakdown last month;  Maybe even over the last several months.  This is because my landlord - specifically Stacy Brooks - and her lawyer - Mr. Kenneth Tecler have been suing me every month since August.  Coincidentally, right around the time I began complaining about THE MOAT.
So, the routine goes something like this:  I gather my few little pennies, pay the bare necessities - try to save enough money to pay rent - which hardly ever happens before the 10th of the month.  But, I pay what I can, when I can, which is not soon enough for them - because they run to the courthouse to file suit against me.  I go to court, the case gets dismissed.
Then, next month -  I gather my few little pennies, pay the bare necessities - try to save enough money to pay rent - which hardly ever happens before the 10th of the month. But, I pay what I can, when I can, which is not soon enough for them - because they run to the courthouse to file suit against me. I go to court, the case gets dismissed.
Next month:   I gather my few little pennies, pay the bare necessities - try to save enough money to pay rent - which hardly ever happens before the 10th of the month. But, I pay what I can, when I can, which is not soon enough for them - because they run to the courthouse to file suit against me. I go to court, the case gets dismissed.
Starting to get the picture?  They became so infuriated that I continued to be able to come up with rent (although I'm not working), that they started fraudulently padding my account, adding frivolous - erroneous, trumped up charges - hoping I wouldn't question them, or be able to pay them - so they could justify my eviction;  Which they've filed for three times in the last six months as well.
Sound like nice people to you? NOT !

No comments:

Post a Comment